The site and its processes
We were tasked with creating a new and improved website for Forest Hill Chase with user experience and innovation at the forefront of mind. Being a shopping centre, the main goal was to generate foot traffic to the centre but we were to also find a way to start the experience to delight online with a focus on convenience.
We conducted a series of comprehensive audits of the existing website to better understand the entire customer’s journey.
We used storyboarding and wireframes to visually map out the strategy and content architecture for the new website and crafted the visual design using a mobile first approach which we knew would be essential to the user.
It was imperative that the new website was user friendly and extremely easy to navigate, understanding that convenience and finding relevant information quickly would be important to a positive mobile experience.
Add-ons and EE special sauce
- Bloqs - Creating flexible content types and content management
- CE Image - Image transforms and optimisation
- Construct - Routing and menus
- Freeform - Custom and flexible form management
- Low Alphabet - A to Z search filtering
- Low Search - Various search features across the sites
- Low Seg2Cat - To create an improved SEO friendly URL convention
- Low Variables - Content management of global sitewide variables
- SEO Lite - SEO management
- Stash - Code optimisation
- Wygwam - WYSIWYG content editor
- DataGrab - Pulls in data for the Movies add-on
Custom Add-On’s Developed by Punch Buggy
- Micello Map (Our Custom Add-On for Interactive Centre Stores Map)
- Movies (Our Custom Add-On for Cinema Feed)
- Website Personalisation (Our Custom Add-On for personalising content based on time of day)
Time of day personalised content was implemented to give accurate real time information to the user in relation to centre and store opening times, keeping the website interesting whilst also delivering the visitor the information they need, when they need it.
Real Time Cinema Information
To achieve outcomes of convenience and user-centric experiences, we used the Hoyts API (application programing interface) to feed real time movie information of the cinemas current screenings at Hoyts Forest Hill Chase.
Integrated Mapping System
Using the Micello API, we integrated accurate centre map data for the Forest Hill Chase centre stores, allowing visitors to plan their next trip to the centre and identifying the closest car park to their stores of choice.
Branded Social Feed
We integrated an Instagram feed to match the website and centre branding using the Instagram API, along with the integration of a custom social feed aggregator blending approved social content from multiple social sources to be displayed on the website.